Sunday, December 26, 2010

T minus 90 days!

So today officially marks three months left until Baby Bones makes his grand appearance! I am now two days into my third trimester, and baby has graduated to the size of a head of cauliflower.

[As an aside, these produce comparisons are really annoying. Who the heck has a cauliflower that's bigger than an eggplant? Is there some reason why, in every grocery store I've ever been, the cauliflower is smaller than the eggplant? Seriously, I am so confused. Perhaps I live in a climate where cauliflower doesn't grow as well as it does elsewhere? And for whatever reason, eggplants are far more prodigious?]

In any event, that's the produce of the week, and lil' Swimmy will weigh in at about 2.5 pounds by the end of the week.

Also this week, studies have shown that Swimmy will start having different sleep cycles--meaning he's dreaming in utero. Which is a really odd thing for me to consider. I wonder what he thinks about in there?

Christmas this year was really really great. Even though we were sans family (which was not really great), there were lots of presents for the swimster under the tree, which made me excited about future Christmases. And that made me enjoy this one even more. The best part of the day, though, was watching the dog go apoplectic about a remote control helicopter I got Sean. She did not like that toy. Not one bit. The fur on the back of her neck stood on end, and she barked like barking was going out of style. Poor pup was petrified. And I am not a nice dog mom. Seeing my dog's displeasure, did I turn the helicopter off? No. I laughed at the dog's misery and continued to fly. Hope the maternal instinct kicks on before Swimmy arrives, and I'm not laughing at my baby's discomfiture as well. **Fingers crossed.**

More later in the week should I work up the motivation. Would post pictures from the holidays but my camera has sneaked off somewhere, and I can't track it down.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Rosie-dog thinking that the ceiling fan in the back room is a monsta bout to fall on her. Grrrrr ... rowf! Dum mutt.

    ReplyDelete