Monday, June 27, 2011

Surely I can do better than this?

Yes, it's been nearly a month since my last post, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm cut out for blogging. Mostly because I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day to do things like oh, I don't know, brush my teeth.

Seriously, working and mom-ing is time consuming. I used to think I had a full schedule before Christopher, what with all my happy hour-ing and going to the gym, etc. But I really had no idea what a full day was until I went back to work. As you can imagine, initially it was really hard. The first week, I'm not even sure I did any work at all between thinking about C, worrying about the day care, pumping, going to feed C at lunch, and pumping again (unless of course you're my employer, in which case I was totally productive).

But it's getting easier. I mean, it definitely sucks to drop C off at day care every morning, but I can do it without tears now. And pumping? It's getting better too. Don't get me wrong: I still really don't like doing it, and the ladies still don't give me a large volume of milk (God bless the freezer stash), but I think my body might be getting used to the pump.

More on pumping in another post. I'm actually pumping as I type, and I think it's time to disconnect.

I promise to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment