Monday, August 9, 2010

First Ultrasound


So last Friday, the husband and I had our first ultrasound. I wasn't really sure what to expect--especially as my husband has never before accompanied me to the gynocologist's office. And yes, it was as awkward and wonderful as you can imagine. So, first the ultrasound tech has me drop trou and lift my dress, and they try to check out little swimmy with a sonogram. No dice. It's too small.

So then, she pulls out a condom, plops it on this long dildo-looking job and pops it right inside of me. I think I really embarrassed my husband when I told the doctor, "If that thing starts vibrating, I am out of here!" The doctor assured me there was no erotica involved. Thank goodness.

After the crude joke portion of the morning was over, we saw our little blob. That's pretty much what it looked like, as you can tell from the picture above. The technician pointed out little swimmy's flickering heartbeat, and we actually got to hear it for a brief second. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The scoop is that swimmy is officially 6 weeks and 5 days old as of the 6th. So today, swimmy is 7 weeks and 1 day old. Time flies.

Doc gave us the all clear to start telling friends and family the good news, which we've been doing, slowly. We're kind of savoring our little secret for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment